Thursday, October 1, 2009

Update on what's been happening and what's going on.

Well, no job yet but i have found a great church to be a part of for however long I'm in Winston. God has allowed me to plug in and get involved already, and I'm grateful for that. Sometimes we never know when we step out in faith what will happen, but I have to say, stepping out is the thing to do. Living in fear, in the what if's, or in the comfort of where we are rather than doing something crazy simply because God wants us to is no way to live at all. Uncertainty of the future isn't really uncertainty when our faith is in God and we surrender to whatever He desires. I have no doubt He will do something soon in my life, I just have to be patient and willing to move whenever He shows up. Until then, I'm going to work to take every opportunity I have to make a difference where I am and with all the people God brings across my path.

This may not have happened how I would have planned it, but if I would have planned it, well, I'd have gotten it wrong. It's too easy to think we can control what happens around us, to us, or even the people we go through it with. the reality is, though, we can't -- well, we can try, but it will only end badly. Much greater to admit our frailty, our fears, our "hang-ups" to God and let Him do whatever He wants to do to us, through us.

so, how am i doing? I'm doing great. would still love a job, but that's God's timing, not mine. He has opened doors for ministry, and I'm great with that. that's what i hope for each of you too.

be blessed.

1 comment:

kamatu said...

Good to read some of your words my brother. I hope all continues to go well with you. We miss you here and pray for you. I'll put your name forward especially this Sunday.

For some good news, my trip to Africa went well and although I'd love to go back again soon (or to have stayed), that time is not yet. I found I have some work to do here as support for the team on the ground.

God bless and take care of you my friend.